Friday 10 October 2008

FRANKFURT GOOD WOOD @ Hold & Freight, London


frankfurt good wood
Hold & Freight Gallery Space
With Art by: Anne Lina Billinger, Jorman Foth, Lena Henke, Hanna Hildebrand, Simone Junker, Andrei Koschmieder, Paul Wierbinski, Naneci Yurdagul

An art exchange project between students at Goldsmiths University in London and the Frankfurt Stadelschule Dancing Class, curated by second year Art Curation MAs. To my admittedly untrained eye, it felt a bit messy and "faux nouveau," (I mean, don't get me wrong, I decopaged magazine collages onto my bedroom door in highschool too...) with the exception of a glittery gem of a short film by Paul Wierbinski entitled Ivo Burkovic- The Life of the Fake Artist as a Young Business Model (2008). Paul details his creation of the perfect bohemian artist to market work he believes to be shitty, but marketable. An eastern name, a mall photo, some Chinamen to "paint and paint and paint and paint" for dirt cheap, a young artist auction to rich buyers, and I'll be damned if Ivo Burkovic isn't the hottest thing in town and turning a far from shabby profit to boot. I can't wait to revisit the Borat of Modern Art.

No comments: